Family counseling, the primary service of the agency, is specialized for individuals and families with problems of personal, interpersonal, and social adjustment origins. Counseling services are at our office locations, contracted churches, and through specialized home-based counseling programs.
Counseling services are designed in a manner that encourages referral and client involvement. Services are provided to individuals and families by social workers with specific background and training in casework and therapy.
A variety of social work methods are utilized in the counseling process, and clients are treated individually, conjointly, or in a family group, whichever has been diagnostically determined to best serve client needs.
Our counseling services recognize individual and family values and goals, accommodate variations in life styles, and emphasize growth, development and behavioral change. Services are individualized to meet the client’s needs.
The following programs are offered in this category:
- Brief Services
- Children Cope With Divorce
- Cooperative Parenting and Divorce
- Erie County Network for Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention (ECNAPP)
- Families Together
- Family Based Mental Health
- Family Care Program
- Family Preservation Services
- Family Support Center/Cross Systems Supportive Counseling
- Interdependent Living Program
- Office-Based Counseling
- Parents Anonymous
- Pastoral Counseling Program
- Project Connect